Mar 25, 2021
Sother Teague is the barman
behind the hit NYC bar, Amor y Amargo (Trans: "Love
and Bitters"). He is also the authors of the books, I'm Just Here for the
Drinks and Let's Get
Some of the topics covered in
this wide-ranging conversation with Sother Teague
- The origin story of Sother Teague. From a biker
bar in Panama City Florida, to the New England Culinary Institute,
to tending bar in New York City.
- Why Amor Y Amargo is a bumble bee, and how it transformed from a
trendy pop-up to an acclaimed East Village destination.
- The bizarre, seductive energy that
characterized a pre-pandemic visit to Sother’s Bar, and what can it
teach us about the meaning of being together and sharing a
- How Sother has become the reluctant master of
the pivot, and what changes are in store for guests at his new
concept: Reserve by Amor y Amargo.
- Some thoughts on the daunting task of pairing
food with boozy, stirred cocktails
- My first Underberg Bitters drinking contest
(you’ll never guess who won)
- Details about what’s on the horizon for Sother
(including several trash bags of bottle caps and a new Sunday
- And much, much more
This episode is also brought to
you by Near Country Provisions. If you live in the Mid-Atlantic and
want to enjoy ethically raised (and delicious) meat from local
farmers delivered to your door every month, then you need Near
Country in your life.
Head over to NearCountry.com and enter the code BARCART when you
sign up for your subscription to receive 2 free pounds of bacon or
ground beef in your first delivery.