Apr 1, 2021
In this barrel-aged deep dive
with spirits writer Brent Joseph, some of the topics we discuss
- How Brent came to love Bourbon and used his
passion to propel himself into a senior contributor role at Bourbon
- The recent retail experiences that led him to
pose the titular question of his four-part article series: “Is
- The economic and market forces that have led to
massive demand for particular brands and bottles (and the
subsequent perverse incentive to flip them for outrageous prices on
the secondary market).
- What it means for a bottle to be
- The role that social media has played in the
fetishization of certain bottles and purchasing habits
- How to be a smarter Bourbon shopper and better
citizen of the Bourbon community
- And much, much more.
This episode is also brought to
you by Near Country Provisions. If you
live in the Mid-Atlantic and want to enjoy ethically raised (and
delicious) meat from local farmers delivered to your door every
month, then you need Near Country in your life.
Head over to NearCountry.com and
enter the code BARCART when you sign up for your
subscription to receive 2 free pounds of bacon or ground beef in
your first delivery.