Feb 4, 2021
In this interview with Professor Brian Connors of Florida
International University, some of
the topics we discuss include:
- His travels through the world of hospitality
and education, including stints at Cornell, and Johnson &
Wales, time spent in Ireland and at Michelin star restaurants in
France, and even a little bit of chef work on private
- How Brian thinks about generalists and
specialists in the hospitality space and what you can do to apply
your unique skill set to a bar or restaurant career.
- What Florida International University and
Bacardi are doing to explore the new face of hospitality during a
pandemic and prepare the next generation of chefs, bartenders, and
managers for the challenges they’ll face moving
- Why Bar Project 2021 took a page out of the
tech industry’s playbook by incorporating a sort of hospitality
hackathon into their program.
- Where Brian and I think the industry is headed
as we continue our march into 2021 and beyond.
- How to survive a drunken trip to Oaxaca with
Hunter S. Thompson,
- And much, much more